Chromium Impacted Site Remediation - Northeast
- Multi-year remediation programs to address chromium ore processing residue
- Over 100 projects and $300M in Services
- Excavation and off-site disposal of COPR-impacted soils
- Construction and operation of construction water treatment systems
- Installation of shoring systems to support excavation activities
- Construction of composite capping systems
As a result of over 70 years of chromate and bichromate chemical processing, over 150 sites in the Northeast were impacted with Chromium Ore Processing Residue (COPR). The waste has been found at residential, commercial, and industrial locations where it was used as fill in preparation for building foundations, construction of tank berms, roadway construction, filling of wetlands, sewer-line construction, and other construction and development projects. ENTACT has successfully performed chromium impacted site cleanups throughout the Northeast for several clients as part of an area-wide effort. Each project has required significant remedial construction, public relations, health and safety, and site logistics capabilities in order to deliver safe, cost effective, and schedule adherent results. Scopes of work have included: excavation and off-site disposal of COPR-impacted soils; construction and operation of construction water treatment systems; installation of shoring systems to support excavation activities; and construction of composite capping systems.