Former Factory Remediation & Redevelopment - Northeast
- Remediation of a former factory site to address impacted soils in preparation for residential redevelopment
- Excavation and off-site disposal of chromium impacted hot spot areas
- 33,000 CY of material excavated and screened
- 44,000 tons of material treated prior to off-site disposal as non-hazardous material
- Excavation, on-site stabilization, and off-site disposal of arsenic, VOC, and LNAPL impacted soils up to 16 feet bgs
ENTACT was engaged to perform remediation of a former factory site to address site soils impacted with arsenic, VOCs, LNAPL, lead, and chromium in preparation for residential redevelopment. The site consists of two parcels divided by a city street and is bordered by city transit and Right of Ways (ROWs). Scope of work includes clearing and grubbing; removal, segregation, crushing and transportation of rubble, debris, concrete, asphalt and other materials to a staging area for sampling, future re-use, or off-site disposal/recycling; excavation, on-site stabilization as necessary, and off-site disposal of arsenic, VOC, and LNAPL impacted soils up to 16 feet bgs; excavation and off-site disposal of chromium impacted hot spot areas; utilization of benching or trench boxes for excavation support, as needed, along the street, transit and ROW areas; dewatering and water treatment; and backfilling affected areas with crushed concrete, historic fill, or imported fill as necessary.