Mining & Metals
Former Mine Site Remediation - Midwest
- Excavation & management of chat, tailings and mine waste from 5 parcels covering 200+ acres
- Transportation of materials on county and city roads to an open mine pit for sub-aqueous disposal
- 34 acres capped and 180-acres graded to promote drainage across the site
- 1.2M CY of material managed and 54-acres cleared
- New pond construction and wetland development
ENTACT performed excavation and management of chat, tailings and mine waste from 5 parcels covering 200+ acres at this former mine site in the Tri-State District. Scope of work included the transportation of materials on county and city roads to an open mine pit for sub-aqueous disposal; site dewatering; repository expansion and capping; pond and mine shaft capping; wetland development; new pond construction; and site restoration. Several clusters of 1900’s era concrete mill foundation structures required demolition and disposal. Active water management was necessary as the remediation areas were located in a flood prone area along a major urban creek that drains much of the County. Site work also included the construction of a private recreational shooting range, permanent private access roads and a private water front general purpose recreation area. At project completion, approximately 1.2M cubic yards of material was managed, 54-acres were cleared, 34-acres were capped and 180-acres were graded to promote drainage across the site.